Applicon is a growing Fintech company in the banking and finance sector. Since 1995 the company has collaborated with several banks, leasing and financial companies in the Nordic region. The 50+ employees have broad experience of banking, finance and business processes, management, system development, implementation of standard systems and adaptation of international banking systems for the Swedish and Nordic markets. Applicon is owned by Icelandic Origo.
Applicon is on a journey to go from consulting to develop products and services for the banking and finance market to meet their customers' future needs. To succeed in this, we are now looking for a QA Engineer.
You will be taking care of back-end and API testing (automated and manual) for web-based services built on ASP.NET MVC, WCF, Web services and MS SQL. Applicon has an agile way of working.
You are a person who is positive, social and responsible, works solution focused, is independent, but knows how to work within a team, likes new challenges and has the ability to drive assignments forward!
- Working closely with stakeholders and developers in order to specify, define and document requirements and user stories
- Executing different types of automated tests (with a focus on API testing and back-end testing), analyzing results, as well as documenting and reporting defects accordingly
- Creating and maintaining test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Building from scratch and/or extending the automation testing frameworks and applications
- Experience with Tosca, Selenium or other automation tools
- Good knowledge of at least one of the .NET languages (like C# and Visual Basic .NET) or some other languages would be a plus
- Ability to create test scripts from scratch
- Experience in test automation framework creation and support – familiarity with
- BDD approach and SpecFlow is a plus
- Experience in API testing (knowledge of HTTPClient or RestSharp is a plus)
- Knowledge and understanding of CI tools (such as Jenkins, TeamCity etc.)
- Experience with git and GitHub
- Strong understanding of testing practices, documentation and processes
- Knowledge of English language on upper-intermediate or advanced level
- Experience working in Agile teams